At Indigo Real Estate we recognise that buyers want value for their money when buying a property and sellers want to achieve the best possible price when selling theirs. There is plenty of good advice and buyer’s tips to be found online but here are some of our favourites:
1. Have your finance in place, or at least be verbally pre-approved before you start seriously looking.
2. Understand the costs you may incur on top of the purchase price such as stamp duty, conveyancing fees, moving costs etc.
3. Do your own research on the town or area you are looking in. At Indigo Real Estate we recognise that the towns, villages and properties we service can be vastly different and encourage you as buyers be fully informed of prices, locations and local services.
4. Educate yourself on the area you think you may be interested in. Where are the nearest shops, hospitals, transport, schools etc? Visit the area at different times, including the evening. Maybe also check with the local council as to any development which may be proposed.
5. If one town doesn’t suit, maybe look at nearby villages. There are plenty of great places to live in Indigo.
6. Look for opportunities as they arise and be sure to have registered your ‘wish list’ with Indigo Real Estate so you get first notification when a property becomes available. It is important to remember that not all properties we sell reach the internet, they are often sold to waiting and registered buyers first.
7.Talk to Indigo Real Estate and register for our property alerts. We think this is a golden rule. If and when you are genuinely in the market to buy a property be sure we know what you are looking for.
8. Search the ‘Sold’ properties to get an idea of what is selling and at what prices.
9. Get a building and pest inspection before you buy. As agents we can tell you all that is great about a house and the area, but we are not builders and can’t see behind the walls so it is important to do your due diligence checks.
10. When you make an offer, respect the price which is advertised. At Indigo Real Estate we aim to have all our properties listed at fair market value. In some cases owners will have a fixed price whilst others may have room for negotiation. Never start too low as you will risk alienating the vendors.